Friday, November 11, 2011

Oh The Holiday House is Upon Us...

Hello fellow design enthusiasts!

Just as I'm sure you're gearing up for the holidays, I am preparing for this year's Holiday House in NYC.  For those of you not familiar with the event.  Holiday House is a mansion on 5th Avenue whose rooms are designed by professional designers with a different holiday for each room.  While it is an amazing experience to let my imagination take flight and think up an environment we all dream of during our favorite holiday, putting it together is a real life experience in the trials of designing.

The holiday I am designing for is Thanksgiving, and fortunately enough I am designing the dining room, with a real working fireplace.  This entails setting a gorgeous table with all the dinnerware and finery we can only dream of.  This however, proved challenging when the crystal is still in France and yet to leave with only a few days to go.  It's fortunate that there are so many companies in NYC that carry beautifully crafted stemware.  So it wasn't too long before I had a lovely replacement.

Now, if I can get the lightbulbs to fit properly in the antique lighting and the landscape design to reflect autumnal harvest, we should be all set!  Stay tuned for more adventures in designing and pictures of the final product.  The Press is stopping this upcoming Monday, so I will have pictures soon.  If you're interested in visiting this year.  Please click on the following link to purchase your tickets.   http://www.holidayhousenyc.com/buy-tickets/

Here is a pic of my colleagues and I preparing for the kick off.

And some before pictures for you.







All the best,
Felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment